Tutoring Jobs Sydney
Are you looking for tutoring jobs? Are you passionate about helping students improve? Australian Tutoring Company provides individual, in-home and on premise tutoring services to children of Years K-12 in all subjects (primary school, high school, OC, Selective, Scholarship and more…)
At Australian Tutoring Company, we always have tutoring jobs available and we would love for the opportunity to work with you! We are looking for passionate tutors all over Sydney (particularly the North Shore, Inner West and Hills District areas).
Requirements for tutoring jobs
Whilst intelligence and subject matter knowledge is important in coaching and tutoring jobs, this alone will not specify success as a tutor. It takes a certain kind of person to be an effective tutor. Some of the important characteristics include:
- A positive outlook: The belief that things can be changed through actions.
- A desire to help others: The willingness to becomes involved with people first-hand and in depth.
- Empathy: The ability to feel what another person is feeling.
- An even disposition: Patience, gentleness, understanding and fairness.
- An open mind: A willingness to accept other people and their point of view.
- Initiative: The ability to see what needs to be done and to do something about it.
- Enthusiasm: A love for your subject and a desire to share it with others.
- Reliability as a worker: Punctual, dependable, good communication and excellent feedback.
If this narrative sounds like it might describe you, please fill out the application form on this page. We will contact successful applicants to come into our offices for a formal interview and assessment. Australian Tutoring Company has strict standards when it comes to its hiring policy and you must be willing to obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) to become a tutor with us.
Benefits of working with us
- Flexible hours (we work around your availability)
- Resources and study materials
- Professional online scheduling and payment system
- Policies and procedures that have been refined over time (e.g. we still pay tutors if they come in and the student doesn’t turn up)
- All administrative tasks are handled by our managers – all you need to do is teach!
Tutoring Jobs Application Form
Some of Our Tutors
Ashley completed the HSC achieving Band 6’s in English Advanced, Mathematics, Legal Studies and Ancient History. She is currently studying a Bachelor of Commerce at Sydney University...
Desmond completed his HSC at Sydney Boys High School, achieving Band 6 results in English Advanced, Mathematics Extension 1 and Engineering Studies. He is currently studying at the...
My name is Rosy and at the moment I’m studying Software Engineering and Commerce at UNSW. I scored a band 6 in Advanced English, Physics, Economics and Maths Extension 1 in my HSC –...
Free Downloadable Learning Materials and Resources